InfoObjects are divided into characteristics, key figures, units, time characteristics and technical characteristics. InfoObjects are the smallest units in BW. They are used to depict information in a structured form required for creating InfoProviders. InfoObjects are needed in info-providers like InfoCubes, DSOs, MultiProviders, Queries etc… These Info-Providers are made up of Info-objects.
Info Objects are like column name in a database table. It gives all information about the business. For instance company ‘ABC’ is interested in finding out how much of “product x” shipped on “date x” to “factory x”. By defining Info-object for specific function like “0MATERIAL”, “0DATE” and “0LOCATION” all the information can be retrieved.
Types of Info Object
Info Objects can be classified in to following types :-
- Characteristics (for example, customers)
- Key figures (for example, revenue)
- Units (for example, currency, amount unit)
- Time characteristics (for example, fiscal year)
- Technical characteristics (for example, request number)
Characteristics are Business reference objects used to analyze key figures.
Examples of characteristics InfoObjects:
- Cost center (0COSTCENTER)
Key figures provide the values to be evaluated. They are numeric information that is reported in the query.
Examples of key figure InfoObjects:
- Quantity (0QUANTITY)
- Amount (0AMOUNT)
Units are paired with Key figure values . They provide assign a unit of measurement to a Key Figure Value. For instance 10 Kg where 10 is the KeyFigure and Kg is the unit
Other Examples of Unit Characteristics:
- Currency unit (0CURRENCY) (Holds the currency type of the transaction e.g. $, EUR, USD…)
- Value unit (0UNIT) (or) unit of measure (Hold the unit of measure e.g. Gallon, Inch, cm, PC)
Time characteristics give time reference to data.
Examples of Time Characteristics:
- Calendar day (0CALDAY)
- Calendar year (0CALYEAR)
- Fiscal year (0FISCYEAR)
Technical characteristics are SAP standard objects having their own administrative purposes.
Examples of Technical Characteristics:
- Info Object 0REQUID – While loading data to various data targets, SAP allocates unique numbers which are stored in this Info object
- Info Object 0CHNGID – When aggregate change run is done, a unique number is allocated and stored in this info object.
If you’re a college student and have skills in programming languages, Want to earn through blogging? Mail us at email@example.com