Before we dive deeper into digital image processing, we need to understand what an image actually is,
A digital image is a representation of a two-dimensional image as a finite set of digital values, called picture elements or pixels.
Why do we process?
If you what to make a cup of tea we do need to follow some processing steps, in the same way, if you have pictorial data in the form of image or video generated by a device or sensor cameras. And then you want to make something else as per your requirement as examples beautify, compress, crop, sharpen, enlarge, detect an object, highlight something, mark, etc and so on.
To accomplish our task we need to follow image processing steps as per our requirements. Using a programming language, tools, and applying algorithms can do your task.
Image processing is the process of transforming an image into a digital form and performing certain operations to get some useful information from it. The image processing system usually treats all images as 2D signals when applying certain predetermined signal processing methods.
Stages of image processing :
- Image Acquisition: the first step in image processing. Digital image detection to create specific images, such as a real or real situation internal arrangement of an object.
- Image Enhancement: Image enhancement is a process of switching digital images to more results suitable for display or multiple image analysis.
- Image Restoration: Image Restoration is a function of taking a noisy image and measuring an unused, new image.
- Coloring Image Processing: Color Image Processing requires an understanding of the physics of light as well as color vision phycology.
- Image compression: Image compression is a type of data useful pressure digital photography, reducing their costs last or spread.
- Character recognition: Optical character binding, commonly accessed by OCR, machine operated or electronic replacement of scanned images or kindly or typed text that is computer-readable text
Important Notice for college students
If you’re a college student and have skills in programming languages, Want to earn through blogging? Mail us at email@example.com