Interface not implemented by method DBEXTRACT in DB Connect datasource in BW 7.5 0
We have asked our DB Admin to change the type of an field/column (column name : External Costs) in Oracle table REQUEST which was before with type “INT” to “Decimal”.. When DB admin tried to change the datatype of an existing column, there was message pop-up that he should delete and re-create the table in order to make the data type changes in the table. He deleted the table “REQUEST” first and recreated another table with same name “REQUEST” with changed in data type of column “External Costs” from INT to Decimal places..
When trying to extract the data from the newly created table “REQUEST” i am getting the below error
Interface not implemented by method DBEXTRACT Message no. RSDS002
When we created a new table “REQUEST1” and extracted the data to BW it worked without any error. But when our BD admin deleted the table “REQUEST” and recreated with same name “REQUEST”, the error is occurring.
1. why is this behavior.. What is happening when a table is deleted and recreated with same name in Oracle.. Why the data is not pulled to BW.. Is there some technical ID stored for a table in backend?
2. Can we somehow manage in BW to extract the data from a Oracle table, even the table is deleted and re-created in Oracle with same name?
The system found that the creation date of the BW DB Connect definition of REQUEST was earlier that the creation date of the source table, and identified this as an error. The correct sequence should be.
1) Delete the BW DB Connect definition of REQUEST.
2) Delete REQUEST in source system.
3) Recreate REQUEST in source system.
4) Recreate BW DB Connect definition of REQUEST.
SAP related blogs Visit Us Geekycodes . follow us on Instagram