INFOCUBES in SAP BW
Infocube is data storage area in which we maintain data which we are extracting from source system physically. An Info cube can function as both a data target and an Info provider. From a reporting point of view, an Info cube can be described as a self-contained data set.
For example, a Sales Amount Info cube which has dimensions like MONTH – PRODUCT-CUSTOMER-REGION can be viewed by any of the axes, for example total sales by region or by customer. The dimensions of an Info-Cube are entities or hierarchies.
How to create an Infocube:
– Go to transaction code RSA1.– Click the OK button.
– Navigate to Modeling tab -> Info provider. – Right click on Info area. – Click on “create info cube” from the context menu.
– Enter the Technical Name. – Enter the Description. – Choose the option button “Standard Info cube”. – Click on the create button.
– Right click on Dimension 1 -> Properties.
– Rename the Dimension as per Info object information.
– Right click on the Dimension -> Info object Direct Input to Insert Info objects into the dimension.
– Select Characteristics.
– Select Airline ID in characteristics.
Drag and drop it into Dimension.
– Similarly create new dimensions and follow the steps 4-8 to add the Info objects.
– Adding Key figure Info objects in the Info cube.
– Follow the processes above to add more Key Figures.
– Activate the Info cube.
Important Notice for college students
If you’re a college student and have skills in programming languages, Want to earn through blogging? Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org