Are you a startup entrepreneur that is seeking the best idea to develop a mobile app? Nowadays, there are lots of ideas available to find a business and run it successfully. Do you know some EdTech giants like BYJU’s? This type of mobile app development is in trend. So, if you have a smart EdTech idea for your unique mobile application, this Educational App Development Guide is for you. In this tutorial, we will discuss how to build an educational app.
However, you may be thinking if it’s the right time to enter the EdTech industry or not. So, let’s figure that out. By going through the article, you’ll understand the process of e-learning app development.
EdTech Industry & Mobile App Development:
Currently, the world is recovering from the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. During the lockdown, some industries stopped working, but some used technology to continue the business. Of course, EdTech is one of them, and it boomed in lockdown. Most schools and colleges shift offline classes to online classes. However, it’s still working.
Therefore, founders and startup entrepreneurs can come up with innovative EdTech ideas. They can help students, institutions, and facilities by providing EdTech services.
What Are Educational App Ideas?
If you are seeking an idea to try business in the EdTech Industry, you can consider the following. Moreover, you can think about other ideas too.
- E-learning mobile apps for toddlers.
- Examination preparation mobile apps for students and applicants.
- General skillets and course provider apps.
- Specific skill training apps.
- E-learning apps for different grades.
Statista said that the EdTech Industry is about to cross $243 billion by the end of 2022. Of course, different sources provide different information. Still, the industry is making billions. So, if you want to enter the EdTech Industry with your smart app, it’s the right time. In the future, this business will be profitable.
Did you know the download of educational apps is 100%? EdTech apps are ranking in third place in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. So, if you bring an innovative idea, there are no chances to fail your business.
Now, when you know the industry is highly profitable and successful, you may want to know how to build your smart EdTech app. So, you can start planning how your business will serve. Of course, planning is a crucial step. Similarly, the development needs the following steps.
While thinking about mobile app development for the EdTech Industry, discover your vision. Of course, the next step is a market survey. You can go through the following points or say steps to plan your business.
- Prepare an outline of your business. So, your team can understand what you want.
- Additionally, targeting users in the EdTech industry is a must. So, define your users and plan the app accordingly. You must have some milestones regarding users.
- Research the market to observe your competitors. Hence, it can help you make your business sustainable and profitable. However, you can try unique ideas to face at least or no competition.
- Define the app’s features, functions, tasks, budget, and time to enter the market. Also, schedule tasks for your team.
- Define UI/UX for your EdTech app. It’s one of the most influencing factors of mobile app development. Try to minify the layouts and user interface and keep it simple. Of course, you want it to provide education, not entertainment. However, it should be eye-catching and engaging.
- Create your project milestones. So, you can start achieving them and meet the deadlines. The startup is unpredictable to be launched if you don’t know when you finish its tasks.
If it’s your startup, you need to put in the extra effort. The startup needs more care at the initial stages of development. Of course, you can start with your MVP model. The MVP mobile app includes the core features and functions.
This way, you can test the risks and failure possibilities of your business. The MVP model doesn’t take much time, effort, or cost to test your business model. The following features are a must for MVP apps.
- Administration features.
- Create, manage, and set up profiles.
- Add custom chatting tools to let users interact with mentors.
- Matching features to find the best and appropriate tutor for assignments.
- Include easy payment gateways. So, users can purchase courses.
- Basic notifications.
When you think your mobile app development is succeeding in the EdTech Industry, your app needs the following features.
- Navigate through resources.
- Search in-app resources.
- Categorize courses and everything.
- Watch videos or listen to audio.
- User’s progress through notifications or other ways.
You can do team composition based on the tasks you have scheduled. Your team must have the following members.
- UI/UX designer.
- Analyst for business.
- Business manager.
- Front-end and back-end developers.
- QA tester and security assurer.
Mobile App Development changes every day. So, the developers need to be dynamic to develop EdTech Industry Mobile App. You can use the following sets of technologies to build educational apps.
- Frontend by React-Native
- Backend by Laravel
- Servers – AWS, Redis
- 3rd party integrations like Firebase and Twilio.
If you want to start your business in the EdTech Industry, you must consider a few points. Therefore, we have listed the factors to consider.
- Mobile App Development companies must have a team of experts with years of experience.
- Ask your team how many EdTech apps they’ve built. So, you can go through their portfolio.
- Also check their social media to know how they keep the team active, enthusiastic, and dynamic.
Similar to any mobile app development, the building cost of educational apps depends on several factors. Say, for example, you can try the MVP model that costs anywhere between $5,000 to $15,000. Moreover, the development cost depends on its complexity and the level of the app. It includes targeted users, regions, local or global apps, and several other things.
If the project includes high configuration, smart features, advanced features, and complex design, it costs more. Therefore, you can say the design, features, and advancement of the project will drive the cost.
Your educational app may be simple, average, or highly advanced. So, generally speaking, it can cost anywhere between $5,000 to $1,00,000.
Moreover, the sets of technologies used, the expertise of the team, users’ security, and third-party integrations vary the cost. Of course, incorporating AI, AR – VR, and some real-time features will increase the cost of educational apps.
Do you have an outstanding idea on the EdTech industry that you want to try? Together with a smart app development company, you can create the best solution for your educational mobile app development. Of course, the intelligent and advanced mobile app development company can help you build your educational mobile app. Don’t you want to build your EdTech app? If you still have queries on how to enter the EdTech industry, let us know. We will help you through it. Now onwards, you must be ready to make your vision a reality through your EdTech mobile app.
If you’re looking for a team to build an App in domain of Edtech Please visit
Important Notice for college students
If you’re a college student and have skills in programming languages, Want to earn through blogging? Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org